Snapchat launches new features, including Paperclips for links within Snaps
Snapchat is taking a step that Instagram simply hasn’t, with new features on both its iOS and Android app that include allowing marketers and any content creators to add links to their Snaps.
The most notable announced feature is Paperclips, allowing users to attach websites to Snaps, simply by tapping the Paperclip button within the Vertical Toolkit and adding the URL. Users viewing the Snap can then swipe up to open the website in Snapchat’s built-in browser.
Until now, this feature was limited to paying advertisers; now, it’s open to the entire user base. Benefits include adding more commentary to a Snap or background information, or simply letting the viewer know where they can learn more.
Of course, to avoid abuse of community guidelines, Snap has a number of safety tools and provides information about potential harm some links may do to a user’s system. Objectionable links can also be reported by viewers.
Other features announced include some funky new options, including backdrops which help Snaps stand out against an artistic background and voice filters to make your voice stand out.
- 15 Tips From Top Business PodcastsIn StartupsSeptember 9, 2017
- Leadership development still missing the markIn ManagementJuly 15, 2017
- Believing These 3 Myths About Duplicate Content will Keep Your Business From GrowingIn Market TipsSeptember 24, 2017
- Buying a home? Strategies for lowering your closing costsIn StrategyAugust 20, 2017
- Want to Be Successful in Business? Make Your Bed in the Morning (INFOGRAPHIC)In ManagementSeptember 24, 2017
- Billionaire investor Jim Breyer on why big technology growth stocks will keep surgingIn FinanceSeptember 24, 2017
- Bing Rolls Out Mobile Ad Targeting – Now on Par With GoogleIn Marketing & SocialAugust 22, 2017
- 5 Keys to a Great Small Business Marketing StrategyIn StrategySeptember 24, 2017
- 5 things every gig worker should knowIn Market TipsAugust 18, 2017
- Facebook tests ads in Marketplace, its Craigslist-like shopping sectionIn Marketing & SocialJuly 15, 2017
- A Strategist’s Guide to the Digital GroceryIn StrategyJuly 15, 2017
- A 10 Step Facebook Marketing StrategyIn Marketing & SocialSeptember 24, 2017