Snapchat launches new features, including Paperclips for links within Snaps
Snapchat is taking a step that Instagram simply hasn’t, with new features on both its iOS and Android app that include allowing marketers and any content creators to add links to their Snaps.
The most notable announced feature is Paperclips, allowing users to attach websites to Snaps, simply by tapping the Paperclip button within the Vertical Toolkit and adding the URL. Users viewing the Snap can then swipe up to open the website in Snapchat’s built-in browser.
Until now, this feature was limited to paying advertisers; now, it’s open to the entire user base. Benefits include adding more commentary to a Snap or background information, or simply letting the viewer know where they can learn more.
Of course, to avoid abuse of community guidelines, Snap has a number of safety tools and provides information about potential harm some links may do to a user’s system. Objectionable links can also be reported by viewers.
Other features announced include some funky new options, including backdrops which help Snaps stand out against an artistic background and voice filters to make your voice stand out.
- 10 Things To Do After Incorporating or Forming an LLCIn ManagementSeptember 24, 2017
- Single-character bug crashes iPhones, Apple promises fixIn Tech WorldFebruary 19, 2018
- Uber shareholders discuss stock sale to SoftBank, others: BloombergIn StartupsJuly 15, 2017
- Small Business Marketers May Rethink Snapchat Despite AR Dancing Hot DogIn Marketing & SocialAugust 21, 2017
- Forex – Aussie, kiwi slip lower as greenback mildly recoversIn OtherAugust 24, 2017
- US: Robust private sector growth sustained during September – MarkitIn Forex WorldSeptember 24, 2017
- 5 Ways to Grow Your Personal Brand in One WeekIn Market TipsSeptember 9, 2017
- CBN pledges to ensure liquidity in forex supplyIn Forex WorldSeptember 9, 2017
- Government ministers travel to Nordic countries and Asia to promote UK techIn StartupsSeptember 23, 2017
- Why Is WordPress Security So Important?In Tech WorldFebruary 15, 2018
- B2B Influencer Marketing: Trends, Goals and Budgets to SetIn Market TipsSeptember 9, 2017
- Bing Rolls Out Mobile Ad Targeting – Now on Par With GoogleIn Marketing & SocialAugust 17, 2017