Snapchat launches new features, including Paperclips for links within Snaps
Snapchat is taking a step that Instagram simply hasn’t, with new features on both its iOS and Android app that include allowing marketers and any content creators to add links to their Snaps.
The most notable announced feature is Paperclips, allowing users to attach websites to Snaps, simply by tapping the Paperclip button within the Vertical Toolkit and adding the URL. Users viewing the Snap can then swipe up to open the website in Snapchat’s built-in browser.
Until now, this feature was limited to paying advertisers; now, it’s open to the entire user base. Benefits include adding more commentary to a Snap or background information, or simply letting the viewer know where they can learn more.
Of course, to avoid abuse of community guidelines, Snap has a number of safety tools and provides information about potential harm some links may do to a user’s system. Objectionable links can also be reported by viewers.
Other features announced include some funky new options, including backdrops which help Snaps stand out against an artistic background and voice filters to make your voice stand out.
- Online Florists Versus Local Florists – Which Is Better?In OtherNovember 24, 2017
- Facebook to Finance $1 Billion in Original TV ContentIn FinanceSeptember 9, 2017
- Get Quick Feedback from Customers on Instagram Stories with New Polls FeaturesIn Marketing & SocialOctober 7, 2017
- How Pinterest Influences Style and Fashion Purchases [Infographic]In Marketing & SocialSeptember 11, 2017
- What Are Video Creation Services?In OtherNovember 16, 2017
- Tips To Make Better Decisions In A Down MarketIn Market TipsSeptember 24, 2017
- Master the Product Launch with These 5 StepsIn StartupsSeptember 24, 2017
- Facebook expands test to show News Feed-like ads in Messenger globallyIn OtherJuly 15, 2017
- Email Marketing Terms You Need to KnowIn Marketing & SocialDecember 21, 2017
- Alimony tax changes may scorch divorcing couplesIn StrategyFebruary 19, 2018
- Asian currencies firmer footing, Yen slidesIn Forex WorldJuly 15, 2017
- Banks are the sweet spot of this market that’s about to get a lot tougherIn FinanceFebruary 19, 2018