Snapchat launches new features, including Paperclips for links within Snaps
Snapchat is taking a step that Instagram simply hasn’t, with new features on both its iOS and Android app that include allowing marketers and any content creators to add links to their Snaps.
The most notable announced feature is Paperclips, allowing users to attach websites to Snaps, simply by tapping the Paperclip button within the Vertical Toolkit and adding the URL. Users viewing the Snap can then swipe up to open the website in Snapchat’s built-in browser.
Until now, this feature was limited to paying advertisers; now, it’s open to the entire user base. Benefits include adding more commentary to a Snap or background information, or simply letting the viewer know where they can learn more.
Of course, to avoid abuse of community guidelines, Snap has a number of safety tools and provides information about potential harm some links may do to a user’s system. Objectionable links can also be reported by viewers.
Other features announced include some funky new options, including backdrops which help Snaps stand out against an artistic background and voice filters to make your voice stand out.
- Get Quick Feedback from Customers on Instagram Stories with New Polls FeaturesIn Marketing & SocialOctober 7, 2017
- Here’s a reason why China would want to shut down bitcoinIn OtherSeptember 20, 2017
- Cheat Sheet Helps Small Businesses Manage Social Media Presence (INFOGRAPHIC)In Marketing & SocialSeptember 9, 2017
- How to Become an Early Bird — and Why it Might be Good for Your BusinessIn ManagementSeptember 9, 2017
- Forex – USD/CAD holds at 28-month lows after strong Canadian dataIn Forex WorldSeptember 9, 2017
- Lyft’s ‘Taco Mode’ brings riders to closest Taco BellIn StartupsAugust 22, 2017
- Management and meaningIn ManagementJuly 15, 2017
- Forex – Dollar index trims losses but remains at more than 2-year troughIn Forex WorldSeptember 9, 2017
- 17 Percent of Small Businesses Still Advertise Regularly in the NewspaperIn Market TipsSeptember 9, 2017
- What Is Blockchain and How Will it Revolutionize Social Media for Small Businesses?In Marketing & SocialSeptember 9, 2017
- 5 Keys to a Great Business Marketing StrategyIn StrategySeptember 9, 2017
- Facebook tests ads in Marketplace, its Craigslist-like shopping sectionIn Marketing & SocialJuly 15, 2017