Bower Market Strategy Report: Wait Until Harvest
The Midwest Crop Tour last week did not show the lower yield numbers that many farmers feel are out there. Jim Bower, with Bower Trading, says those numbers are just estimates and the real numbers that matter are what comes off the combine, “Our strategy at Bower Trading is to watch the actual yield numbers that come off the combines.” Bower said that many times the estimates are much different than the actual yields and that the market will react very quickly and decisively to the real numbers.
Meanwhile, the wheat market ended the week with a unique situation. Bower says the deferred wheat contract is full a dollar higher than the current wheat price, “I have never seen that in my entire career.” He said this indicates that there is a good deal of market volatility ahead.
For more market strategy information, contact Bower Trading at 800-533-8045 or bowertrading.com.
This material has been prepared by a sales or trading employee or agent of Bower Trading Inc and is, or is in the nature of, a solicitation. This material is not a research report prepared by Bower Trading Inc. By accepting this communication, you agree that you are an experienced user of the futures markets, capable of making independent trading decisions, and agree that you are not, and will not, rely solely on this communication in making trading decisions.
DISTRIBUTION IN SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY BE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. PERSONS IN POSSESSION OF THIS COMMUNICATION INDIRECTLY SHOULD INFORM THEMSELVES ABOUT AND OBSERVE ANY SUCH PROHIBITION OR RESTRICTIONS. TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION INDIRECTLY AND SOLICITATIONS ARE PROHIBITED IN YOUR JURISDICTION WITHOUT REGISTRATION, THE MARKET COMMENTARY IN THIS COMMUNICATION SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED A SOLICITATION.
The risk of loss in trading futures and/or options is substantial and each investor and/or trader must consider whether this is a suitable investment. Past performance, whether actual or indicated by simulated historical tests of strategies, is not indicative of future results. Trading advice is based on information taken from trades and statistical services and other sources that Bower Trading Inc believes are reliable. We do not guarantee that such information is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Trading advice reflects our good faith judgment at a specific time and is subject to change without notice. There is no guarantee that the advice we give will result in profitable trades.
- 4 Steps to Avoid an Online Reputation Crisis in Your Small BusinesIn ManagementSeptember 24, 2017
- TIAA Investments sees stocks slipping 4% by year’s end – here’s whyIn FinanceSeptember 24, 2017
- Dollar sinks to 10-month low on weak inflation and retail sales dataIn Forex WorldJuly 15, 2017
- Infosys Writes Down Nearly $15m Startup InvestmentIn StartupsJuly 15, 2017
- Master the Art of the Email Marketing Campaign with These 4 StrategiesIn StrategyAugust 15, 2017
- Gianluca Vialli launches crowdfunding campaign for sports financeIn FinanceSeptember 9, 2017
- Taking the fight to ISISIn ManagementJuly 15, 2017
- Chinese manufacturers are setting up shop in the U.S.In OtherAugust 9, 2017
- Tips for buying a home in a seller’s marketIn Market TipsFebruary 19, 2018
- Buying a home? Strategies for lowering your closing costsIn StrategyAugust 20, 2017
- Forex – USD/CAD holds at 28-month lows after strong Canadian dataIn Forex WorldSeptember 9, 2017
- 3 Habits Every Small Business Owner Should HaveIn ManagementOctober 7, 2017