BoE’s gov. Carney’s speech at 18.45 GMT today: title, “Leadership and Values”
Markets are waiting to hear from BoE’s gov. Carney who is making a speech at 18.45 GMT today at Regents Univerity under the title, “Leadership and Values”.
While it is unlikely that Carney will be making comments about monetary policy in his prepared speech, where the full text will be published at the outset on the BoE website, the Q&As could be topical on monetary policy, especially given the latest hawkish guidance of late.
Majority of UK households see BOE hike rates within 6 months – IHS
- 60 percent of UK households expect Bank of England (BOE) to raise rates within 6 months, up from 45 percent in January.
EUR/GBP: bulls taking advantage of light liquidity, but fuelled by Brexit concerns
- In respect to market positioning, analysts at Rabobank explained that net GBP longs almost halved and retreated to their lowest level since last December.
GBP/USD drops to 1.3960 ahead of Carney, fresh lows
- GBP is following south the rest of the risk-associated assets at the beginning of the week, all amidst a better tone surrounding the buck and marginal trading conditions due to the US Washington Day holiday.
About the BoE
Mark Carney is Governor of the Bank of England and Chairman of the Monetary Policy Committee, Financial Policy Committee and the Board of the Prudential Regulation Authority. His appointment as Governor was approved by Her Majesty the Queen on 26 November 2012. The Governor joined the Bank on 1 July 2013. If the BoE is hawkish about the inflationary outlook of the economy and raises the interest rates it is positive, or bullish, for the GBP. Likewise, if the BoE has a dovish view on the UK economy and keeps the ongoing interest rate, or cuts the interest rate it is seen as negative, or bearish.
- Why the German election is better news for the Dax than the EuroIn Forex WorldSeptember 24, 2017
- Cleaning is an service which combsIn OtherApril 9, 2018
- Lying in Business: 5 Tell-Tale Non-Verbal Signs RevealedIn ManagementOctober 7, 2017
- Snapchat Brings Bitmojis to Life with New AR UpdateIn Marketing & SocialSeptember 18, 2017
- Forex Market Review (Asian Session) – Forex markets’ reaction muted on economic data, dollar on riseIn Forex WorldAugust 14, 2017
- Yen in the dumps as carry trades flowerIn Forex WorldJuly 15, 2017
- Beginners Guide to Developing a Mobile StrategyIn StrategySeptember 9, 2017
- Lyft’s ‘Taco Mode’ brings riders to closest Taco BellIn StartupsAugust 22, 2017
- Build a Following for Your Business with Facebook WatchIn Marketing & SocialAugust 13, 2017
- Malaysian Finance Regulator Warns Investors Over ICO RisksIn FinanceSeptember 9, 2017
- Bower Market Strategy Report: Wait Until HarvestIn StrategySeptember 24, 2017
- Travelers Are Suffering from the “Last Mile” ProblemIn StrategyJuly 15, 2017